Living with Lupus is hard. Personally, I experience severe joint pain that makes doing simple things like opening a jar or a water bottle nearly impossible on some days. I also experience swelling, stomach pain and headaches. I've found a few products that have helped me in my day to day life and I wanted to share them with you.
1. Babyliss ProNano Titanium Rotating Hot Air Brush. If you have lupus, then you know that drying your hair is one of the hardest things you'll do each day. Something that most women take for granted. I can hold the hair dryer, but the combination of holding the dryer AND a round brush is just too much. My solution is that I dry my hair about 80 to 90% of the way with the regular hair dryer, but not paying any attention to style. My hair is wavy, so I cannot leave it like that. Then I use this Babyliss Rotating Brush to style it. The buttons make it so easy and it doesn't hurt my hands at all. It leaves my hair smooth and styled and it doesn't take any energy to use. There's a small learning curve to get used to the buttons, but after 2 or 3 uses I felt really comfortable with it. I highly recommend this! I also cut my hair to shoulder length, which cuts down on drying and styling time.
2. Walter Drake Jar Pop Opener. Most of the time my boyfriend is here to open jars, bottles, etc for me. When he's not, I use this jar opener to open any jars. It's a lifesaver. It's also really cheap and a must-buy. It's helpful even for people who don't have lupus. Now if I could just find something to make opening water bottles easier...any recommendations, please post in the comments section!
3. EmuBliss Banish My Pain Joint Lotion. I don't like using products with chemicals, and I'm a big fan of natural pain relief. I go to acupuncture, and in addition I use this EmuBliss lotion. It really makes a difference in the pain in my hands, knees and ankles.
4. Hue UltraWide Waistband Leggings. Some days my stomach hurts too badly to wear regular pants, and on those days, I throw on these leggings with a tunic and call it a day. They are the best leggings...thick, don't slip down and just fit perfectly.
5. Sara Gorman Pill Case. Every day, two times a day, I take Plaquenil, Vitamin D, OmegaPlex, Vitamin B12, and CorePlex MultiVitamin. In order to keep it all organized, I use this cute pill case. No need to carry around an old grandma style plastic case! Plus, Sara has lupus and you'll be supporting a fellow lupus survivor/fighter and mom of young kids!
6. Advocare Spark Drink. Lupus fatigue is no joke. I drink Advocare Spark twice a day to give me some extra energy. It really works!
If you have any products that make your life easier with lupus, please share them below :)